HI, i Have a problem with my Toshiba A205-s4577 Laptop.
Model No. PSAF0U-01Q009

The Cd drive is not visible in my computer, and device manager.
It is visible in the Bios as a boot up device. Its a Matshita DVD RAM UJ-850S

The only way to get the drive to show up is by deleting this entire folder in regedit.
{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

There are no lower or upper filters so that trick does not work. I have uninstalled virtual clone drive and haven't had demoen tool installed.

But every time i sleep my computer and turn it back on, the drive is not present again.

So can any one help me with a permanent solution, except for reinstalling windows. Which i will have to do, if there is no other way.

Please its an annoying situation which is a variant of the upper and lower filter problem all over the net, but i cant find a solution to mine that will work.

You didn't mention what version of Window you're using. Did you try this. Go to Control panel > System > Device manager > Action > Scan for hardware change?

Windows 7 x86, and yes i did that, but it doesnt show up there unless i delete the key file and restart

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.