My apologizes if this is the wrong category i couldn't find a more appropriate forum
so heres the problem
So i'm playing vindictus having a blast and then my screen freezes, goes black but i can still see the mouse and the audio repeats a small bit over and over (no blue screen of doom).
This is how it went
First freeze happened after like 2 hours
2nd after 2 dungeons
3rd after 1 dungeon
4th in the midst of a run
My direct x is 11
please and thank you for the help :D

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

Are we supposed to guess what computer, hardware, and windows version you have?

Are we supposed to guess what computer, hardware, and windows version you have?

oh sorry, its a windows 7,its a Lenovo Laptop N100 with Core 2 Duo Processor

I also use a Lenovo laptop, an x61! They are not really designed for gaming as they have an Intel graphics card!

Does it feel like it gets really hot when gaming?

haha what a coincidence! Ah i see, i do have another older laptop which i would use just for gaming but it's motherboard got fried so its out for repairs :(

No it my surprise it actually keeps pretty cool

Oh and i also lowered all the settings of the game so it runs smother

Only thing I can suggest is to force a windows update just in case there is a more up to date graphics driver!

Gotta say I am constantly surprised at just how quickly my x61 does things, am well and trully happy with it! :)

IKR i love the freaking speed ! alright i'll try that :D

Let me know how you get on!

One question, where do i find my nvidia card model?

Are you sure it's Nvidia? Most Lenovo's have Intel graphics!

You can type dxdiag in the start menu search box and click on display to see what graphics chipset you have!

A quick look at the Lenovo website shows me that you do indeed have Intel graphics!

Ahhhh i see , I figured out the problem when i play the Intel accelerator stops working, is it just to heavy on my Lenovo or is there a way to fix it?

ry getting the graphics driver to update in device manager! If that doesn't work then go to the Intel website and use the scanner on there to see if there is an update there!
If none of that works then I suspect you may just have to wait for updates to be written!

Alright its searching right now :)
Aw it's already up to date :( oh well i'll just w8 for my old laptop to be back to play :)
Thank you so much for the help i learned alot about my computer today :)

No problem! :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.