When I load Xp everytime a pop come up that says can not locate System32.exe. Please go to Start and search for system32.exe. How can I fix this so it doesnt show up because after I click ok my pc operates normaly without any problems.

Contributors
Views
13 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by TallCool1

When I load Xp everytime a pop come up that says can not locate System32.exe. Please go to Start and search for system32.exe. How can I fix this so it doesnt show up because after I click ok my pc operates normaly without any problems.

You have a partially-installed or partially-removed virus. In a case like this, a user should start by going to Google (example) first, then come here with your question.

More information would be helpful. Which anti-virus are you running? How often do you scan for adware/spyware? Which firewall are you using?

You should also check out my Malware, virus, and startup information and tools page, as well. Help us help you!

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.