i need a new virus program, i have Mcafee which came with my computer but i cant get any updates for it unless i pay 30$ or something, whats a free virus program that works good

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

will this one expire in like 3 months and make me pay for it?

Grisoft.com has no time limiton it's AVG anti virus software. I found it works quite well. You can program it to automatically update and scan your sytem. You can pay to upgrade to additional features. They seem to have quick response to new threats.

You may also want pop up stopper from panicware.com . Its free (for the basic version).
Good luck.

ok thanks, i have google pop up blocker though and it works very very good ;)

will this one expire in like 3 months and make me pay for it?

No, probably not. I have been using the free version of AVG for well over a year now. I wish I could afford to pay for it. I like it a lot.

what about the one from the housecall website? www.trendmicro.com

That's an on-line on-demand tool only and doesn't work in the background.

Member Avatar for TKSS

i need a new virus program, i have Mcafee which came with my computer but i cant get any updates for it unless i pay 30$ or something, whats a free virus program that works good

Kaspersky Lite for USD 19.95

http://www.kaspersky.com/buyonline.html?chapter=610707

Works great...used it for about 3 years now. Hands down beats MacAffe and Norton in contests...rawks.

>:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.