i need a new virus program, i have Mcafee which came with my computer but i cant get any updates for it unless i pay 30$ or something, whats a free virus program that works good

Contributors
Replies
Views
13 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by caperjack

Grisoft.com has no time limiton it's AVG anti virus software. I found it works quite well. You can program it to automatically update and scan your sytem. You can pay to upgrade to additional features. They seem to have quick response to new threats.

You may also want pop up stopper from panicware.com . Its free (for the basic version).
Good luck.

ok thanks, i have google pop up blocker though and it works very very good ;)

will this one expire in like 3 months and make me pay for it?

No, probably not. I have been using the free version of AVG for well over a year now. I wish I could afford to pay for it. I like it a lot.

i need a new virus program, i have Mcafee which came with my computer but i cant get any updates for it unless i pay 30$ or something, whats a free virus program that works good

Kaspersky Lite for USD 19.95

http://www.kaspersky.com/buyonline.html?chapter=610707

Works great...used it for about 3 years now. Hands down beats MacAffe and Norton in contests...rawks.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.