Hey all,

I was asked a question and I had no idea what the answer was and made up some story about information being stored incorrectly in the memory of the laptop or some such thing. Honestly, I had no idea what the answer was, so I'm hoping someone here does.

Often times, while running windows, the desktop icons or the desktop will go black. When you mouse over where the icons are supposed to be, they appear, and the desktop appears while moving the mouse as if it's being painted. What causes that? Is it the the windows cache, physical memory, or something else?

When you are asked a technical question and you don't know the answer it is always acceptable to say "I don't know". Making shit up is not just bad; it's plain malicious. It can cause the person who asked the question to either stop looking for the answer or waste a lot of time trying to fix the problem based on your incorrect answer. In any case, once the person discovers that you had no idea what you were talking about, he/she will likely start telling people that you are unreliable. Is that the reputation you want to cultivate?

As to your question - I don't know.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.