I recently lost my main drive and had to reload WIN2K. Since then I reinstalled Winamp and each time I switch radio stations or select a file to play the browser opens and provides me with details of my selection. Does anyone know how or what might be causing this or is this some recently added feature of Winamp?

Bud

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

bud_carlson,

Good question. I was wondering myself. I haven't looked into it, but I bet it has something to do with a new "feature" added to the newest version, but I couldn't turn it off. I even tried upgrading to PRO to see if a setting would open up, but no luck. I'm with you...down with the browser.

J_

Hi,

I understand that Winamp Version 5.11 will allow you to natively disable this feature....In the meantime I found this little puppy "Die Browser Die" that kills the window as soon as it pops up. Here is a link to the discussion. From here you can get the plug-in. The plug-in has to be invoked once you install it into your plug-ins directory/folder.

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=228550&highlight=browser+window

Bud

p.s. If you can't access the link above, let me know and I will send you the plug-in.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.