I have my girl friend's laptop which is a Acer travelmate 2420, and it's running Windows XP OS. She wants me to wipe out the hard drive and reinstall windows for her, but she doesn't have an OS install disk or a recovery disk. Is there a way for me to make a recovery disk?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I have my girl friend's laptop which is a Acer travelmate 2420, and it's running Windows XP OS. She wants me to wipe out the hard drive and reinstall windows for her, but she doesn't have an OS install disk or a recovery disk. Is there a way for me to make a recovery disk?

Nevermind, I dug a little bit more into the computer and found out how to make the disks using empowering technology. But now I have a different problem, when I am making the system image I get stuck at making the actual disks. When I press the next button it stops working and the button stays highlighted.

is the computer running a lot of stuff? what are you writing the image to? is the target disk big enough? is any part of the source drive encrypted? is there anything that sets it apart from an unused version of that laptop? silly questions, but those are what you have to ask, because that imaging program was meant to work on most computers. gotta figure out what makes yours special.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.