Hello All
I want to change the Start icon name(which appears on Taskbar in left corner of Windows XP) to "Click Here".
Can any one tell me how to do it?

Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

First of all, make sure you download Resource Hacker And you have patched windows file protection..(See Attachments below to download Resource Hacker And WFP Patcher) You'll need these software.

Now here are the following steps to do that.

1. Locate explorer.exe in your c:\Windows directory. Make a copy of the file in the same directory and rename it explorer_backup.
  2. Launch Resource Hacker. Choose File -> Open. Choose explorer.exe. You will now see a bunch of collapsed folders.
  3. Expand the String Table folder and then find folder No. 37 (folder No. 38 if you're in Windows Classic mode).
  4. Click on resource 1033 and locate the text that says "Start." This is your Start button, and now you've got control over what it says! Change the "Start" text to your text of choice. You don't have a character limit, but the text takes up valuable taskbar space, so don't make it too long.
  5. Click on the button labeled Compile Script. This updates the settings for your Start button.
  6. Click On Save Button.

Restart And Enjoy the new Text...

And please close the Thread if it is solved :)

Hello My start up is slow am thinking it is my lack of ram as I have 00.99ram also slow games that freez at times so annoying ..also I have a pent 4.... 3 years old would u think i need a new pc or update parts. and if new what is best to buy as i have no idea hahah Thankx

otrishhy please start a new thread about your problem and you might get more help because this thread can be closed anytime once the OP mark as solve and you won't be able to get any help.

Hello My start up is slow am thinking it is my lack of ram as I have 00.99ram also slow games that freez at times so annoying ..also I have a pent 4.... 3 years old would u think i need a new pc or update parts. and if new what is best to buy as i have no idea hahah Thankx

does any one ever reply to these

Like I say before, please start a new thread if you want help. No one will answer this thread if the OP mark it solved. Just to answer your problem. You can upgrade your PC RAM to 2GB and a VGA card and see.

what are u talking about this is a new thread ...what am i doing wrong?

This is not a new thread. You did not start it so it is not for your problem!
You need to start your own thread, not hijack someone elses one!

Hey otrishhy...

Instead of Upgrading your PC, You can use a start-up manager to close all un-nessasary applications or programs.

And Also use Game Booster for Enjoying Fast PC games....

And please create new thread for your question because this thread is for changing startmenu button. (Not for Start-up Apps)

Otrishhy purchases new Intel core 2 i5. I like its performance. I hope you like it too.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.