O.k. I reinstalled Windows and there was no errors! however, after I installed AVG 2011, the corruption errors re appeared again! So I uninstalled AVG and I ran chkdsk and the errors dissapeared! So I guess my problems were all caused by AVG Free edition!

I'll still run chkdsk to make sure that the errors are gone...

So, now I'm stuck with a new problem: Should I download the newer version of AVG Free 2011 or look for another trustworthy anivirus/antimalware/antieverything program.
(I would like to have some sort of real-time protection to stop attacks in their tracks too.)

Any suggestions?

javanoob101

Edited by javanoob101: n/a

Thanks for the suggestions on the Anti virus! But... My hard drive has the allocations unit problems again so I brought my computer into school again for a more in-depth diagnostics and repair.

Now I'm upset with my hard drive and I'm looking for a straight answer now...

What is causing this!!!!

I'll try to repair it my self so I won't be able to post much any suggestions to the problems are welcome.

javanoob101

Alright! My computer is finnaly fixed!

After 2 weeks or repairing and testing, I found the problem! My HDD. So I put in a newer 80GB drive and it works.

Thanks to everyone who helped!

javanoob101

P.S: If anyone uses chkdsk and it says something about "Fixing errors in the volume bitmap", ignore it as I found out that the chkdsk utility can report false errors sometimes. Only trust chkdsk when you are useing the chkdsk/r option!!

Who knows if it was a bad disk... All that matters to me now is that my computer is functoning again!!

javanoob101

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.