I have two friends whose computers run like paint drying! And their internet connects are dodgy.
They are both cursed with Windows 7

On my XP computer I have
Prevex 3.05.220
Teamviewer 177152237

Is it possible for me to copy (which files of?) Prevex and Teamviewer onto a thumb drive
and TAKE IT to them and plug it in and thus HELP them?

Many thanks hopefully from all THREE of us!

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

once a program is installed you cant take parts of it to another computer ,try running malwarebytes , or superantivirus on there computers

I agreed with caperjack above. What have your friends be doing with their laptop that cause the problem. Have they downloaded any suspicius files or go to any suspicious web site. Try doing a scan. About the file copy thing i am not too sure follow caperjack advice since he has more experience

I agreed with caperjack above. What have your friends be doing with their laptop that cause the problem. Have they downloaded any suspicius files or go to any suspicious web site. Try doing a scan. About the file copy thing i am not too sure follow caperjack advice since he has more experience

Thanks jingda and caperjack

How can I be sure that if I take a thumb drive up there the malware does not get written onto it while plugged into the infected computer!
Is that a risk?
With Teamviewer is that taken care of?

What startup files SHOULD BE permitted and ARE required?

once a program is installed you cant take parts of it to another computer ,try running malwarebytes , or superantivirus on there computers

Thanks caperjack

How can I be sure that if I take a thumb drive up there the malware does not get written onto it while plugged into the infected computer!
Is that a risk?
With Teamviewer is that taken care of?
As their internet connects are too dodgy the only way to get malwarebytes , or superantivirus to them is on my own not-yet-infected thumb drive

What startup files SHOULD BE permitted and ARE required?
And how much working space does Win7 need?

Thanks Guys!

your welcome ,good luck

i have no knowledge of teamviewer .
if there computer work and get online ,just connect to inter net and download malwarebytes and run the full scan and fix what it finds.

free antivirus program that can be installed onto your thumbdrive .info below
http://www.worldstart.com/flash-drive-protection-thumb-drive-antivirus-antispyware/

forge what i said about this antivirus program ,i tried it and at no point to give the option to install it to my thumbdrive.

if you have good antivirus program on you computer it should catch the virus when you plug it back to your computer ,if you should get anything on a thumb drive

If you take a thumbdrive and plug it into an infected computer there are 80% chance that your thubdrive will be infected. Try not to use teamviewer it often crash.

Teamviewer can be run without installing so you should be able to run it from your thumb drive. Just make sure you copy the setup file to the thumbdrive. If you are concerned about your thumbdrive becoming infected then just wipe it when you are done. I suggest you set your own PC to NOT AUTORUN to protect yourself from malware on thumbdrives. Trend Micro provides a downloadable program called HouseCall (free) which you can use to create a bootable virus scan which you should run against the infected computer.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.