I want to download 2 large files
which is better

1-downloading each file alone
or
2-download both at same time

please say 1 or 2 and reason

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

basically i would say either way it doesn't matter .,reason it just doesn't matter ,i have done it with 10 or more even , all at the same time ,but i have high speed cable at 30megs,where i can get 1.9 med download speeds from some sites/seeds what ever

also i will say this, not enough info supplied!
what are you using to download the files ,where are you downloading files from, how fast is you internet,ect ect

basically i would say either way it doesn't matter .,reason it just doesn't matter ,i have done it with 10 or more even , all at the same time ,but i have high speed cable at 30megs,where i can get 1.9 med download speeds from some sites/seeds what ever

also i will say this, not enough info supplied!
what are you using to download the files ,where are you downloading files from, how fast is you internet,ect ect

although i don't see that it would differ but,
my speed is 512 (about 40-50 kb/s down speed)
i am downloading files from blackberry website
size of first file is 402 and the other is 137 MB

although i don't see that it would differ but,

pardon me for being so cynical,but didn't you come here looking for answers and opinions, its my opinion that all thing make a difference when downloading from the internet .

giving your speed ,i would download them separate,good luck

pardon me for being so cynical,but didn't you come here looking for answers and opinions, its my opinion that all thing make a difference when downloading from the internet .

giving your speed ,i would download them separate,good luck

no problem man,i will do your advice but may you expalin for me your opinion.
i am really interested in networking.

One file at time, due to yoru speed, unless you get a Downloader which will resume you downloads, if they stop.

yeah,as Bal said ,that was my reasoning too for the one at a time .

If you are interested in networking, look for me or go to the networking forum. You will probably see me there all the time. Dude, your download speed is very slow, maybe you should try upgrading it so you can downoad multiple files at a time.

thanks everybody for help

thanks everybody for help

You are welcome. You can go to the networking forum if you have any problem with networks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.