my laptop is DELL N4010, it has already a video card "ATI REDEON 5470" but i want to change it to NVIDIA GEFORCE . can I ?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

hi,laptop video chips are in usually not replaceable [not easily anyway ]especially from one brand to another,ati to nvida.they are factory soldered to the motherboard .i read about some laptops that have a chip that plugs; in so they are changeable.this is usually when it a laptop built specifically for gaming
having said that you would really need to check it out with Dell

Probably you can as long as you buy a Notebook card, but you should ask before buying, there should be an empty slot, no?

Probably you can as long as you buy a Notebook card, but you should ask before buying, there should be an empty slot, no?

some laptops may have this option ,but not the one this poster has , they would need to replace the motherboard,and that will not even be an option because Dell doesn't offer a board with the nvida chip-set ,just ATI for this model laptop

In order to change the graphics on a Dell N4010 you would either need to replace the motherboard with one with better graphics fitted to it or buy or hire a chip re-flower.
Both options are very expensive.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.