Hi there.

I am fairly new with editing windows... thus is the root of my problem.

Okay, so I was wanting to change my windows "Start Orb" on Windows 7 64-bit. I followed the directions by changing the Bitmaps: 6801, 6805, 6809 images to the one I had selected.
I changed it using "Restorator 2007" I pretty much just followed the directions from this site: http://mintywhite.com/windows-7/7customization/change-windows-7-start-orb/

And now.. all I have is a pitch black desktop with absolutely nothing on it... nope, nada, nothing.. I can still pull up certain files using "Task Manager" but when I try to use "Run new task" and type in "explorer, or explorer.cust (which is what I renamed the explorer file) the system tells me that it cannot locate the program. *sigh*

is there a way I can solve this?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Run new task again but this time, browse and direct it to where the explorer execute should be...

default would be %windir%\WINDOWS

You should always make a restore point or at least some backup before you start to modified how Windows operate because something like this MAY happen. That way, when modification failed, you can take your step back and restore before the modification failed...

There could be a virus, trojan, backdoor, malware, spyware, or other nasty things on the program you downloaded, because the site doesn't appear to be legit.

funny thing to me is almost every comment made on the site had a problem ,and you still went and tried to do it .

try booting to safe mode and do a system restore back a few days

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.