Hi all,

Ok so here's the deal, I work for a world wide recruiting company which has offices in multiple locations, for each office our sales team have a windows xp desktop connected to a flat screen(via VGA) displaying a power point presentation showing I.E. Most sales, annual income, blah blah blah, etc.

Problem:

There are 2 power points that get updated daily and the person updating them has to connect to each desktop in order to update them(takes time)

the looping prosess we use is this:
Playlist in Notepad:
I:\PowerPoint\DisplayPC\Current\Sales.pptx
and soon

.BAT file:
@echo off
:loop
@PPTVIEW.EXE /S /L "playlist.txt"
goto loop

In the end it runs out and will need someone to reset it.

Long story short is there anyway I could get around this or make it easier, I.E. some kind of software that broadcasts it to all screens and we can manage all the looping, editing and playlisting in a managing problem of some kind =)

any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Ok after doing some research I'm looking for something long the lines of Digital signage like what Samsung has done, the only thing is we don't have the money for the fancy screens:), so we would want the next best thing. we already have desktops in place so all we would need is to install digital signage software on to them.

does anyone have any ideas?

many thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.