This is the problem.When I boot up WMP comes on and I have to turn it off, How do I stop it from doing this? Also All my Icons on my desktop have white rectangles with a music sign on them, making them useless?? When I click on them the WMP comes up? How do I fix this ? I need some help and I really appreciate it. I have tried looling for help online with this. Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

This is the problem.When I boot up WMP comes on and I have to turn it off, How do I stop it from doing this? Also All my Icons on my desktop have white rectangles with a music sign on them, making them useless?? When I click on them the WMP comes up? How do I fix this ? I need some help and I really appreciate it. I have tried looling for help online with this. Thanks

try running you antivirus program to check for viruses

try running you antivirus program to check for viruses

I have run it and several others with no luck?

oh,i guess you should have mentioned that in you first post .
anyway ,i will assume that you are using win7 ,go to start /control panel /change to large icon view and go to default programs and select the default programs for said icons on the desktop ,or try right clicking on the desktop icons and choose open with and choose the correct program,as we all have different icons on our desktop i cant assume what icons you are referring to,good luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.