Is there any way to import one's bookmarks from Google Chrome to Mozilla Firefox?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hey, thank you so much for sending me to that page....however, the situation is a bit more complicated. I should have mentioned that I'm working off a new computer onto which I just downloaded Google Chrome without the old bookmarks that I'm looking to import to Firefox. The old bookmarks have been recently stored in a folder on the desktop of this new computer--a folder that I can't figure out what to do with: its files will open with a lot of gibberish in Mozilla FF, but I don't know how to save its contents as html or any other format. Do you know how to export the contents of this folder?
Sorry to complicate the issue!

The old bookmarks have been recently stored in a folder on the desktop of this new computer--a folder that I can't figure out what to do with: its files will open with a lot of gibberish in Mozilla FF, but I don't know how to save its contents as html or any other format. Do you know how to export the contents of this folder?

Sorry. i cant understand what you are trying to say.

I hope you want to export chrome bookmarks to an html file. Doing that is already explained in that link.

a folder that I can't figure out what to do with: its files will open with a lot of gibberish in Mozilla FF, but I don't know how to save its contents as html or any other format

what folder ? what format are you talking about?

I think my problem was obfuscated by the fact that the person who did the data transfer from one computer to the next placed a misleading (non-useful) folder on my desktop that purported to contain the necessary backup of my Chrome bookmarks--it did not. As you surmised, it was a simple solution in the link you sent me to, and it worked just as simply. I didn't have to mess around with a "bookmarks bak" file or any of that. Thanks for your help

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.