On my Windows XP system, it refuses to let me download anything from any source. Uploads it will allowed, but no downloads. Runs a traditional DSL speed. I have run McAffee on it, Spybot S&D, and PestPatrol Corporate Edition,. and I can't find anything to explain why this is so. I even disabled my Firewall. Any help?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

On my Windows XP system, it refuses to let me download anything from any source. Uploads it will allowed, but no downloads. Runs a traditional DSL speed. I have run McAffee on it, Spybot S&D, and PestPatrol Corporate Edition,. and I can't find anything to explain why this is so. I even disabled my Firewall. Any help?

i have the same problem, i can download anything from any source, but 1 second after download completes, the file diappears, and is not on my hard drive anywhere, if i save to my desktop, then download, i see the file reach desktop, but 1 second later, it disappears, if i dont save to any destination, just open download, i see it download, then download box disappears, i have searched my pc, these files cannot be found, i also run XP, please help

it's not quite the same as mine. Mine won't even initiate the download.

Like this?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.