On my Windows XP system, it refuses to let me download anything from any source. Uploads it will allowed, but no downloads. Runs a traditional DSL speed. I have run McAffee on it, Spybot S&D, and PestPatrol Corporate Edition,. and I can't find anything to explain why this is so. I even disabled my Firewall. Any help?

Contributors
Replies
Views
11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Laser

On my Windows XP system, it refuses to let me download anything from any source. Uploads it will allowed, but no downloads. Runs a traditional DSL speed. I have run McAffee on it, Spybot S&D, and PestPatrol Corporate Edition,. and I can't find anything to explain why this is so. I even disabled my Firewall. Any help?

i have the same problem, i can download anything from any source, but 1 second after download completes, the file diappears, and is not on my hard drive anywhere, if i save to my desktop, then download, i see the file reach desktop, but 1 second later, it disappears, if i dont save to any destination, just open download, i see it download, then download box disappears, i have searched my pc, these files cannot be found, i also run XP, please help

it's not quite the same as mine. Mine won't even initiate the download.

Like this?

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.