I uninstalled Java on my new Dell laptop.
I realized I needed it back and did a system restore but now it is not working.

Whenever I click on anything java, it causes IE to crash bringing up my desktop.

Help!

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I cannot access any java site. That page it a "cannot be displayed" thing. As is most I find.

Help!

I cannot access any java site. That page it a "cannot be displayed" thing. As is most I find.

Simply re-enable Microsoft's JVM (Java Virtual Machine) temporarily by going into Internet Explorer's Tools -> Internet Options menu and looking for the references to the MS JVM (I'm in Linux right now, so I can't give more exact references), then go into Security and make sure your security settings are low enough to allow the JVM to run.

Here's a more-direct Java JRE download link. I recommend using the "offline install" version -- it's a more-reliable install.

I downloaded IE and installed it again. Problem fixed!
Thanks!

I had jdk1.1.8 installed on my computer. Recently I changed my os now XP(Prof). Java is not working. I reinstalled file. My Add /remove program show java development kit1.1 (20 MB) installed. I set the path C:\jdk1.1.8\bin and tried to compile javac <file name.java> .Error message file not found.Do I need to install latest version from sun or I am not able to define path /directories properly? Can someone guide me to see if the compiler is working. I need detailed explaination on this. Thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.