I was looking around in Exchange 2003 System Manager. If I expand the First Administrative Group, and then exapnd the "Servers" container folder, no servers are listed! Of course exchange seems to be working fine; everyone is sending and receiving e-mail. I'm pretty sure the computer name of my exchange server should be listed in this container. How do I get it back?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

bump...

did you have any resolution?

Unfortunately, no. Since exchange is still "working" I'm hesitant to mess with it.

It's been a few years for me since my company wanted to move to google servers (learning curve there) but I'll create an exchange server today and tell you what to look for. It is important to be able to manage your exchange server(s). You should be able to view some info about status for Master role in tools if I remember correctly.

Thanks, appreciate it.

Finally I figured it out because this problem finally "became" a problem...I needed to add a user, and I couldn't. The problem was a permissions problem with the Administrator account. It was not allowing me to see the servers under the 1st AG. By using the delegate wizard, I was able to set up my personal network logon account to be a standard administrator. Re-loging into exchange revealed the servers; and when I added a new user with the AD snap-in, I could choose the correct server. Problem solved.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.