Hey all,
I trying to help a friend out with his computer and he wants me to somehow link his outlook to both his desktop computer to his laptop so when he out he can be able to see his emails. He don't have a Microsoft account instead it's yahoo. The problem I run into is when I go in account setting and enter his information it tells me that he email already exist which I'm thinking since it's on his desktop. My question is how can I get them to sync so he can use both desktop and laptop when he needs to and still be able to receive his emails.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

so why not just use yahoo.com to check it on the laptop when he's away .
are you talking about Outlook or Outlook express

quote/The problem I run into is when I go in account setting and enter his information it tells me that he email already exist

I don't see how outlook on the laptop would even know that its setup on the desktop

He has created folders on outlook that's not in his yahoo account. I thought the same thing but when I check his yahoo account they wasn't there.

He has created folders on outlook that's not in his yahoo account.

but those folders will not be in the Outlook on the laptop ,unless you add them
when you setup outlook on the laptop,
as i said i use windows live mail 2011,and have my hotmail acct setup in it, and created folders there, that show up on hotmail.com

so before we go on we are talking about Microsoft Office "outlook" and not
Windows "outlook express" right

Yeah that is microsoft office outlook.

I tried to setup a yahoo acct in outlook and it just keeps asking for my password ,i type it correctly still no go,in searching google i found this
quote,
Yahoo no wants you to upgrade to Yahoo Plus to enable POP Forwarding,and they want a fee for plus

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.