of running 16-bit or 8-bit applications?

It makes no sense.

If I was behind the development of Windows 7 in general nobody would complain, because my ideas are priceless.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Simply because the libraries for 16 bit applications contain depreciated code that doesn't work with modern 64 bit processors. To write work arounds for these libraries would be time consuming and cost a lot of money, you're lucky you even get compatability mode in my opinion.

Run Linux with qemu installed. Then you can run just about any sort of emulator you want... and often faster than on the original hardware with modern 64-bit x86 systems.

i agree with repliers,
virtualization(emulation) can help run some vintage stuff. problems also happen with 32-bit processors(x86)
another workaround would be installing vintage OS on seperate partiton(instead of virtual).
i remeber hearing somewhere the root cause was something like Win7 does not support apps meant to run on a FAT/FAT32 formatted disk, because win7 will not run on FAT itself....

I always try compatiblity options before more drastic measures(depending on importance, like the software that runs my old scanner so old not supported even by XP!)

Emulation its not the same as virtualization jerk!!! in virtualization you are using idle states of the processor to run another OS on your system, while emulation you EMULATE a different instruction set on your system, for example Z80 processor instructions in your x86 or x64 system.

Anyway why are you using such old software, try to upgrade your software, out there is a lot even for free.

did i say it was the same? I'm not talking about HyperV, my friend.
what about VMware, virtual PC, virtual box
why don't you teach me all about those programs, cocolio? since you are so smart...OP is banned anyway

Not priceless but useless :)

I have been following other posts and I could find out that this cocolio always writes nonsense about what he doesn't even know and seriously his comments and posts should be considered as spam, not as true contributions. Be careful.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.