A message comes up saying Setup cannot continue because a required file is either corrupted or not available. Run Setup again from the original disc or download location. But I went to Microsoft and downloaded it again but nothing happened! What should I do to uninstall it???

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

are you trying to uninstall it from add and remove program in the control panel.

from a goole search .

How do I uninstall the trial from my computer if I decide not to convert the software or I choose to purchase another Microsoft Office 2007 product?

It is not necessary to uninstall the trial if you choose not to convert the software. However, if you choose to purchase another Microsoft Office 2007 suite or program then it is recommended to uninstall the trial software prior to loading the software. To uninstall the trial, you should follow these steps:

1. To open Add or Remove Programs, click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Add or Remove Programs.
2. Click Change or Remove Programs.
3. Scroll down until you find Microsoft Office 2007. Please note that there may be nothing in the Change or Remove Programs dialog box that indicates that the program is a trial.
4. Click Microsoft Office 2007 and then click Remove, the program will then run through the uninstall process.

==========
if that doesn't work then make sure you have windows installer ,installed on you computer ,it will be in add and remove programs also ,if not there make sure you have all the latest windows updates to get the installer .

are you trying to uninstall it from add and remove program in the control panel.

from a goole search .

How do I uninstall the trial from my computer if I decide not to convert the software or I choose to purchase another Microsoft Office 2007 product?

It is not necessary to uninstall the trial if you choose not to convert the software. However, if you choose to purchase another Microsoft Office 2007 suite or program then it is recommended to uninstall the trial software prior to loading the software. To uninstall the trial, you should follow these steps:

1. To open Add or Remove Programs, click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Add or Remove Programs.
2. Click Change or Remove Programs.
3. Scroll down until you find Microsoft Office 2007. Please note that there may be nothing in the Change or Remove Programs dialog box that indicates that the program is a trial.
4. Click Microsoft Office 2007 and then click Remove, the program will then run through the uninstall process.

==========
if that doesn't work then make sure you have windows installer ,installed on you computer ,it will be in add and remove programs also ,if not there make sure you have all the latest windows updates to get the installer .

I found this on the Microsoft web site... and it worked for me because I tried the above and it didn't work

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218/en-us
Hope you can resolve your problem

This happened to me once. I had to run the install again, and then uninstall it.

I found this site whilst searching the net to uninstall Microsoft 2007... and it worked for me by the (force uninstall) method. Check it out at http://www.squidoo.com/uninstallmicrosoftoffice.

Why do that when you can use this (free) http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

I used that tool to remove the Visual Stuido 2008 Beta when i baught the real one (it wouldnt uninstall but wouldnt let me install the final version either)

P.S david scaf - you have posted the exact same thing in two (old) threads. Looks like you are advertisng your own product?

Hi,

I just got a new PC with window 7. I m getting an email saying the trial period is over, unless it was included with the PC I have no programs to uninstall. Either downlloading or using the disc it comes back with windows office home and student has stopped working?

Mick

Hi,

I just got a new PC with window 7. I m getting an email saying the trial period is over, unless it was included with the PC I have no programs to uninstall. Either downlloading or using the disc it comes back with windows office home and student has stopped working?

Mick

Mick this thread was marked solved back in oct. 2009 you need to start a new thread of your own. Later---

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.