Member Avatar for aaafan

I have been using Regseeker 1.55 under XP for years with no problems. My two sons have Windows 7 and when using Regseeker it shows up literally thousands of registry issues. But if selected and deleted (with backup) they still appear when the clean process is run again.

Is this a know issue with W7 ?

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Sounds like one for the Regseeker tech support people. Have you tried asking them for help yet?

Member Avatar for aaafan

It seems as if there is no one at home at Hoverdesk although their website is still giving downloads of their software.
Their user forum seems to suggest they abandoned ship.

Member Avatar for W1ND0W5

Are you running the program as an administrator? Running it as a standard user gives only read-only access to the registry.

Generally, using Regkeeper on a new version of Windows isn't a very good idea either. If you're looking for a system cleaner, try Piriform's CCleaner, it seems to work for me. Don't want to post a link here to avoid being accused of spamming, but Google will turn up a good few results on the program :-)

Member Avatar for aaafan

Thanks. In fact I (and they) do use CCleaner but I find RegSeeker does pick up some registry clutter that CCleaner does not.

Both my sons say they only ever run their PCs as administrators but I will get them to check.

But why is running RegSeeker not a good idea with 'new' Windows

registry clutter as you call it ,it not the worry the makers of registry cleaners like you to believe it is, most cause more problems than they fix

Member Avatar for aaafan

Problem solved. They had a similar problem with Spybot S&D. Their forum said that even if the user was an administrator they had to right click (instead of left double click) and 'Run as Administrator'. That solved the Spybot issue and when tried also solved the RegSeeker issue.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.