I was deleting viruses on my computer, when I accidentally deleted a file that I didnt mean to. I have tried starting my computer through Safe Mode, but it does not work. I never get past the "Windows is starting up" page. I have also tried reinstalling everything, but it does not work. Please help me. I have a Windows xp

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I was deleting viruses on my computer, when I accidentally deleted a file that I didnt mean to. I have tried starting my computer through Safe Mode, but it does not work. I never get past the "Windows is starting up" page. I have also tried reinstalling everything, but it does not work. Please help me. I have a Windows xp

if ur system is formatted once and still if u get the problem please fomat the disk with win-XP bootable cd after deleting the existing partitions

else
if u r getting the message windows starting........ etc...
before that and exactly after the bios boot press F8 key to get advanced startup control
then select "Last Known Good Settings" option and then press Enter key
repeat it untill u boot entire OS.
else u follow the above procedure............

if his comps not starting in safe mode he connot start in others cause the problem happened to me aswell

My computer have very weird situation:

I press Power button
Computer is loading
comes the boot menu or the blue screen on monitor(i have HP)
Then comes the windows message to what type i will choose there is: Safe Mod
Safe Mod with Internet
Safe Mod with Command Prompt
Last Known Good Conf.
and Start Windows Normally
i have tried all of them and comes the Windows XP loading and at middle it stops loading and restarting. Can somebody help me Please.

it sounds to me that the MBR (master boot record) on the hard disk is awol! If this is the case then the only way to restart the computer is to reinstall a new and workking MBR.
This can be done from a recovery or original disk or if you can start from another boot disk then run Fdisk / mbr.
PS can you use a linux start disk?
M

Hi Dear

repair the system with the Windows XP CD-ROM but I did not given the option to repair. After it starts all the devices needed, i did presented with the partitions you have on your PC to choose in which to install windows, if you pick one you can format and install or just install.

Thanks
Regards

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.