:cry: I am using Dell Dimension 4500S with Windows XP home edition. When I start my computer it reads 'PLUG & PLAY CONFIGURATION ERROR' Press F1 to continue and F2 to run set up. Also, when I enter in to my system I cannot adjust the 640x480 resolution w- 16 bit color. This all happened after redownloading XP due to a virus.

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

This all happened after redownloading XP due to a virus

Sorry, but discussion of issues involving illegal software violates our site rules . If you really did download XP then we canntot help as it is pirated software.

Thanks

-T

Sorry, but discussion of issues involving illegal software violates our site rules . If you really did download XP then we canntot help as it is pirated software.

Thanks

-T

It's the reinstallation CD Dell sent with my computer! It's not ILLEGAL!

LoL. Tayspen was just reading what you wrote. Next time try Re-installing because downloading does mostly refer to good and malicious file and software downloading.

--
Try running the windows updates. Might have something in there that will help it. Plus you need to get SP1 and SP2 back on your system.

Yea man sorry about that but i could only assume you did say downloading :)

Sorry :)

-T

Thanks for the assumptions and attitude, yet no solutions.
Can anyone direct me to a site where someone might actually have a solution to the original question because I have the same problem.
--
P.S. You can't run Windows Update or add a service pack if you can't get into XP due to Plug & Play Configuration Error (e.g. the computer isn't recognizing peripherals, that would be a mouse and keyboard for those who have trouble following along).

I'm asking, seriously, the people above obviously didn't actually read the question.

jaycydale, if you actually found a solution somewhere please tell me or direct me there. This site obviously isn't the place to find solutions.

commented: idiot -2

:cry: I am using Dell Dimension 4500S with Windows XP home edition. When I start my computer it reads 'PLUG & PLAY CONFIGURATION ERROR' Press F1 to continue and F2 to run set up. Also, when I enter in to my system I cannot adjust the 640x480 resolution w- 16 bit color. This all happened after redownloading XP due to a virus.

Hey I am having the same problem on my fathers computer. After scanning with a kaspersky rescue cd I found it had 2 worms on it. The plug and play error for me came from the ethernet driver. Try reinstalling it from the driver cd if you have it. It is labeled us robotics if it is the same as my fathers. When you get the plug and play error just press f1 to go on and boot

Thanks for the assumptions and attitude, yet no solutions.
Can anyone direct me to a site where someone might actually have a solution to the original question because I have the same problem.
--
P.S. You can't run Windows Update or add a service pack if you can't get into XP due to Plug & Play Configuration Error (e.g. the computer isn't recognizing peripherals, that would be a mouse and keyboard for those who have trouble following along).

I'm asking, seriously, the people above obviously didn't actually read the question.

jaycydale, if you actually found a solution somewhere please tell me or direct me there. This site obviously isn't the place to find solutions.

Talk about attitude. You've got a cheek.

The posts you are criticising are several years old.

Then if you look through the thousands of past posts, youll see all the SOLVEDs that this forum has delivered to worried members.

So either p*ss off or change your attitude.

Hey I am having the same problem on my fathers computer. After scanning with a kaspersky rescue cd I found it had 2 worms on it. The plug and play error for me came from the ethernet driver. Try reinstalling it from the driver cd if you have it. It is labeled us robotics if it is the same as my fathers. When you get the plug and play error just press f1 to go on and boot

Hi Zman420.

Did you notice the date on the post you replied to? November 2005!

Nevertherless, good advice for future members with the same problem who search before they ask!

reason might be illegal software, normally it ll not happen

I have a Dell Dimension 8200 that keep giving that error and will not boot. When I take all the cards out(modem & NIC) out and try to boot with just the video card installed everything works fine. The video card is a nVIDIA g FORCE2 MX. I tried unplugging all the drives with the cards in but no luck. It only boots with the cards out.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.