Hi,

I have had this problem for a while. I cannot open websites such as. www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk, www.cwjobs.co.uk, www.hmsamuel.co.uk just to name a few. I have tried downloading different web browers and attempting to open up the pages in then, but suprise, suprise it doesn't work.

I know that when I first had this computer I was able to access jobcentre's website. Have I installed somehting that is preventing me from accesing them?

I'd appreciate your help?

Thanks

:?:

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Please could someone respond as this is actually bugging me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:!:

A) Instead of typing the URL of the problematic sites into your browser address bar, let us know if you can reach the sites by doing the following instead:

For the jobcentreplus site, type:
http://66.54.44.230

For the cwjobs site, type:
http://194/203/155/87

B) Are you running any firewall software or other programs which monitor/restrict Net activity?

Hi

Does the main jobcentre.gov.uk site work, just NOT the Job Search page - as that is the problem I have.

I just get a blank page - I think this might be because it's a .ASPX page, and something in my browser/firewall's security is blocking it.

I'll watch this, to see if anyone posts any replies.

Thanks
Richard

Hi,

I have had this problem for a while. I cannot open websites such as. www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk, www.cwjobs.co.uk, www.hmsamuel.co.uk just to name a few. I have tried downloading different web browers and attempting to open up the pages in then, but suprise, suprise it doesn't work.

I know that when I first had this computer I was able to access jobcentre's website. Have I installed somehting that is preventing me from accesing them?

I'd appreciate your help?

Thanks

:?:

Have you found a solution?. I have the same problem with two XP-SP2. But with vista, it's OK.

Thans

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.