Hi all
My pc spec- intel g620 processor, asus P8H61-MLX board, 4GB ram, Windows XP SP3.
I can't wake up my pc from sleep mode. Sometimes it restarts after i press arrow keys . And sometimes processor fan starts working and pc still being in sleep mode. Anyhow i need to restart my pc instead of waking up from sleep mode. I am working with Steinberg Nuendo and Apache Openoffice. Sometimes i need to go to next room for a 5 minutes. Then i usually leave the system with these two programmes running. But after 2 minutes my pc restarts automatically. I hope somebody in this group can help me. thanks in advance.
-vinod

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

my suggestion is to disable sleep mode just set monitor to turn off instead ,like hibernation it never was a reliable function in winxp ,not a fix i know but my opinion only

Hi caperjack,
Thank you for your reply. Let me try. I am totally fed up with this PC. I can't put this in sleep mode. if i want to take a short break from my work i need to close all my programmes. otherwise my data will be loss. How can i close all programmes for a 2 minute brake in each hour?.

if i want to take a short break from my work i need to close all my programmes. otherwise my data will be loss

this i dont understand ,not sure what programs you use ,usually closing a program would cause data loss,me thinks anyway

Sleep issues often have a cause related to power management - ACPI compatibility. Unless you need to use password control to protect your return from sleep, simply doa s caper suggests, and set screen and drives to shut off if no activity for 10 mins.
I think by "i need to close all my programmes. otherwise my data will be loss" he means if he doesn't save [by closing pgms!] he will lose his data when resumption from sleep fails?

i need to close all my programmes. otherwise my data will be loss

I think by "i need to close all my programmes. otherwise my data will be loss" he means if he doesn't save [by closing pgms!] he will lose his data when resumption from sleep fails?

not big into creating and saving data,but i do know when i do create a lets say a ms word project ,i use "save as" very early into the project and hit save when i add new data ,and if i know im going to be leaving it for a bit i "save" again right after last thing i add ,all the while never closing the document ,so noting is lost if computer shuts off while im gone .

Me too, I'm rabid on Ctrl-S. OP doesn't seem to use it, hence my ! in "if he doesn't save [by closing pgms!] "
Must be he wants password control over return from sleep.

if he doesn't save [by closing pgms!]

Go to Diplay properties of your computer and change monitor sleep to never

Hi all,
Thanks for the replys. you guys are right. when i left the pc suddenly, sometimes i forgot to save the last minute work. After restarting Openoffice will recover my data but not the unsaved data. Atlast i formatted my pc and the automatic restarting is solved but pc can't wake up from sleep. So i think either this is because of a wrong bios setting like ACPI or my windows xp os files.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.