I have installed two windows XPs in my PC, how to delete one ?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Are they on the same hard drive? Same partition?
Is format an option?

The question why comes to mind, but I guess it was an accident.

Boot into the one you want to keep. If the two Windows are in the one partition, eg. C: drive then there will be Windows and Windows(2)- identify the surplus windows [best if it is Windows(2) because that (2) will carry over into other stuff....] and delete its Windows folder. Transfer any documents you might wish to keep, [copy...]. Delete the folder doc n setts(2). Now go Start > Run, paste:
control sysdm.cpl,,3 -and press OK.
Select Settings in Startup and Recovery, press Edit for the startup options; in the notepad that pops delete the line that corresponds to the unwanted Windows, [check that Default entry matches the remaining Windows], Save it.

Member Avatar for willis100

right click my computer-properties-advanced-start-up and recovery-settings-click edit. delete everything after the first fastdetect. everything after that is your second installation and no necessary. If you see noexecute=optin after fastdetect, you can leave it if you like...I would not.

Do you mean you have 2 XP installs or do you mean it shows 2 installs to choose from during the startup process?
The answer to this will be very useful information indeed as sorting either requires a different fix.

at first delete one win xp installed driver & right click mousee on my computer
& go advanced then u can see startup & recovery option there has a setting
button click this & there u can see default opoeratinmg system & from edit manu delete
removed win xp name. ok

I want to buy a legal copy with its reistrration code of Windows XP professional, please let me note if have one avilable and operational-

Roberto Morales - Juárez
andromeda1ster@gmail.com

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.