Hi,

Does upgrading from Windows NT Server 2000 to Windows Server 2008 will fix my problem on corrupted databases and active directory.

Our Windows NT Server 2000 is unusable because of lsass.exe - system error and I tried everything to fix it but no luck. I am wondering if I'll upgrade to newer version, will it fix the problem? Although I could access the file as another drive / slave. But I don't want to reconfigure everything (call me lazydog!).

But if no other option. Of course, I'll go with reconfiguring everything..

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advanced,
Jovy

Does upgrading from Windows NT Server 2000 to Windows Server 2008 will fix my problem on corrupted databases and active directory.

No, either the upgrade will fail, or you will just bring the corruption along to the new version. I generally do not recommend in-place upgrades for this reason.

It would be best if you try to resolve the issues before processing with introducing a 2008 domain controller.

In addition, prior to introducing new DCs, you have to prepare the domain/forest.

Guide & Video | Preparing Active Directory for 2008

commented: Good answer. +5
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.