Domain Controller
Hey guys,
So I recently set up a small domain controller for my network. The OS is windows server 2008. All my operating systems are running windows 8. How can I add the group policy options of windows 8 on to my server so I can take advantage of the windows 8 group policy options on my other systems?

Contributors
Replies
Views
4 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by cguan_77

Windows 7 and windows 8 can both use the GPOs from server 2008. But the new win 8 policy settings, especially the ones that turn off the unified logon crap, are not included in 2008R2.

The new Windows 8 policy settings can only be managed by using Server 2012 or by adding them to the local security policy of each machine.

AFAIK, there is no 'add-on' for GPO to 2008 R2 that will enable this either. Thank you Microsoft. Way to force us to upgrade.

A domain controller is a server that is running a version of the Windows Server® operating system and has Active Directory® Domain Services 

AFAIK, you can export a client GPO and import it to a client OS but not to a server OS.

If there's some limitations on the GPO settings that you are not able to do.

I think you can do some scripting either in power shell or VBS and apply it to GPO. And deploy it to your users.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.