I have a laptop operating Windows 7 and am the only user and the Administrator.
I have been using Serif Page Plus 6 for graphics work for years with no problems but have just upgraded to Page Plus 7. On attempting to insert an image from My Documents into a page I am getting a message saying "You don't have permission to open this file. Contact the owner or Administrator to obtain permission." I have spent time with Serif's Customer Care department but finally they are unable to help me as they say this is a Windows problem.
I can import images from an outside storage devise and from my desktop but that is all.
Does any member have a suggestion to rectify this Windows problem?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

did you attempt to run the program as administrator? Right-click the executable and you should see a menu item to Run as Administrator. Even though your account may have administrative rights doesn't mean you automatically have all administrative privaledes. Unfortunate, but that is the way it works with Windows 7 and 8.

Interestingly enough the problem has now resolved itself on my laptop, but is still effecting my PC.
I tried so many remedies that I now don't know which one did the trick.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.