I am trying to delete xampp from my computer and reinstall it but the problem is that it keeps saying that the folder for xampp is open somewhere else? How do i delete it properly?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

If you are getting some type of file locked related issue, try restarting the computer.

Also, I am not familiar with xampp for windows but you don't have some type if uninstall executable or xampp lists in Program and Features as installed?

Also, I am not familiar with xampp for windows but you don't have some type if uninstall executable or xampp lists in Program and Features as installed?

I am not even sure about that. all i know is that you can open up the control the control panel and delete the application but you cannot remove the xampp folder from your computer...

If you are getting some type of file locked related issue, try restarting the computer.

Tried that... it did not do anything

here's another suggestion.... make sure the xampp services are all stopped. If they are running, the application is not going to allow you to delete the files.

You should consider running virtual machines on your Win 8 computer so that you dont have to worry about these types of issues. Once you are done with your vm testing, you can simply just delete the vm and move on.

I figured out something interesting. The reason why I can't delete the folder is because it says i don't have the administrative rights even though i am logged in as admin...

It's probably because of UAC.

You can turn that off, at least temporarily.

Even if you are logged in with an account that is an admin, for security reasons, your account operates as a regular user and when an operation requires admin access, UAC would prompt you. Alternatively, some processes would allow you to say, start a program by right clicking and selecting run as administrator.

How must i disable UAC temporarily? That may solve it... :D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.