i need help..:sad: there is something wrong with my internet.. i am having trouble in accessing some sites such as multiply.. pls pls help me.. and in most sites, i get the message "internet explorer cannot display the webpage".. i think something wrong with my security or internet connection.. how can i change the securtiy settings of my internet access..? im desperate..:sad:

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Are ya currently using IE or Firefox?

I am a newbie here and am getting the exact same problem. I am using IE 7 and here's what I've tried so far:
1) Tried to uninstall IE 7...that worked but did not correct problem...still having same problem with IE 6
2) Tried system restore several times...to no avail
3) Checked connectivity...no problems there
4) Updated my java script...did not help.
5) Tried to reinstall IE 7...can't do that because my MICROSOFT browser no longer allows me to open MICROSOFT websites!
6) Suspected it might be a Windows firewall issue so I disabled it and then tried a few websites again...some worked (my Roadrunner Homepage) and some didn't (www.microsft.com)!
My wife warned me about IE 7..."Let other people work out the bugs first!" Naww...I had to have the latest!

Thanks in advance, folks for all of your help!
Joe

Welcome to Daniweb both of you :)

Are you sure "Work OFFLINE" isnt checked in IE?? (Under the file menu)

Good luck!

Actually, I fixed the problem by uninstalling Windows Media Player 11...apparently many of the alleged updates are suspect...download at your own risk!

i have same problem. I uninstal WMP 11, but I still have same problem.

Welcome to Daniweb :)

Have you tried to do a SYSTEM RESTORE to before you had WMP11??

Good luck

No
How to do this?

Go to Start - all programs - accessories - system tools there you will find it.double click it and click restore to an earlier time it will take you to a calender choose the time/day before the update.

can some one help me. i have Compaq presario laptop with windows vista home premium, i have good internet but cannot display the webpages can you help me please.

Best way to repair Internet Explorer cannot display a webpage
Method 1: Reset the modem or the router

1. Disconnect the cable that connects the computer to the modem.

2. Turn off the modem and the router.

Note: If the modem or the router does not have a power switch, disconnect the power to the modem or to the router.

3. Restart the computer.

4. After your computer has restarted, turn on the modem or the router, connect the cable from the computer to the modem or the router, and restart the computer.

5. Make sure that all network cables are securely connected.

6. Start Internet Explorer.
Method 2: Use the Delete Browsing History feature

If resetting the modem or the router did not resolve the problem, deleting your browsing history might help. Follow these steps to remove your temporary Internet files, history, and form data:

1. Start Internet Explorer.

2. Click the Safety button, and then click Delete Browsing History.

3. Select the check box next to each category of information you want to delete.

4. Select the Preserve Favorites website data check box if you do not want to delete the cookies and files associated with websites in your Favorites list.

5. Click Delete. (This could take awhile if you have a lot of files and history.)

6. Close Internet Explorer, start Internet Explorer again, and then try to access the Web page.
Method 3: Use the Delete Browsing History feature

1. Reset your IE Settings.

2. Restore Advanced Settings.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.