Member Avatar for humorousone

Hi.

When I try to open the windows 8 app store via metro, It gets stuck on the splash 'loading' screen, with the logo and the rotating dots. I can leave it for an hour, and it will still stay on that splash screen.

I'll post my system specs later on.

I've tried running the following methods:
* Modern UI troubleshooter (does nothing)
* WSReset.exe - still gets stuck on the windows store splash screen.
* manually clearing the app store cache via command prompt.

At this point, i'm not willing to do a fresh install as I'm knee deep in work at the moment.

Any help?

~ Alex

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

No comments bro. But try searching for help in Google.

Have you check your internet connection? Maybe it is busy with something. You can try at night when the internet traffic is not so heavy.

I just tried it and had a similar problem, but I just hit the back arrow located in the top left corner and it returned to the correct screen. There are a lot of pictures (icons) it has to download so if you have a slow internet connection it might take awhile to load them all.

Member Avatar for humorousone

Just a quick update to this post (marking it as solved at the same time)

Turns out I'd somehow managed to corrupt a significant portion of the windows store's files. Odd considering I had been using it as normal.

Anyway, I eventually got round to reinstalling windows 8, and that fixed the issue.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.