I am having Linux Fedora installed on my system. I want to remove it and install Windows Xp. But when i boot the system from the XP CD, it does all the configuration loading etc. and comes to the partition information page. There it shows "Unknown Partition type" and "No Disk Found". If i press any key after that, it takes me to an error page saying the system has reached a fatal error. I want to format the hard disk and remove all the partitions. Please help??

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Is it a SATA disk?

Yes it is a SATA disk.

XP cant see SATA disks out of the box, you need to use F6 and a floppy, or slipstream the controller drivers using something like nlite. Altenatively go into the BIOS and try setting your disk to IDE Emulation mode.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try it out and let know if any problem.

When you do that, you will then see the drive, and it will just show up as Unknown Partition(s) as windows doesnt support most linux formatted drives. Delete all the unknown partitions (D key i think) then make a new one (C key i think). Hit enter on the new partition and choose to format as NTFS.

Hai,

This is nagi, from india i need small help...

I deleted some unnecessary files and system files also includes when i restart my PC after it is loging on some error is displays ... that is

Windows product activation
"A problem is preventing windows from accurately checking the license for this computer error code is : 0x80070002.

Hi,

In my PC has some virus and i purchased 'trend micro' antivirus but it is not working. Any best antivirus is there for free of cost.

i am waiting for your valuable reply.

Thanks & regards,
Nagi.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.