OK, this is seriously the most annoying thing ever. I click on Internet Explorer, and the little hour glass icon appears for a second and goes away.... and nothing happens. I go to my running processes and sure enough IEXPLORER.exe is running, but the screen is no where to be found. I leave my computer and about 10 minutes later the explorer windows decides to show. This problem is also happening not only with windows explorer, but with My Computer as well. Funny thing about this is that it only started happening AFTER I ran ad-aware and spybot and cleaned my computer. Now, neither program is finding anything besides tracking cookies and I have no idea how to fix this problem. ANY HELP PLEASE!! Thank you!

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

If using win2kpro, just delete IE. In a few seconds, it'll reappear and may work correctly.

YES! I just downloaded this program called spy sweeper and it fixed the problem, I'm actually pretty surprised that neither ad-aware nor spybot identified this problem. Anyways, what a program!!! :cheesy:

I just tried spy sweeper too, and it found a bunch of crap that ad aware and spybot didn't pick up. Good stuff!

From my experience, all three of them find things that the other two don't.

I agree but, can't believe it worked what will they come out with next? haha!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.