i just tryed the new mozilla firefox 0.8 and its alot better than internet explorer by far the page loading is so much faster than i.e for enyone that would like to try it out.http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

Recommended Answers

All 22 Replies

yeap, i use firefox too, good stuff.

hi monte.i will never use internet explorer again if i can help it......

hi monte.i will never use internet explorer again if i can help it......

I installed it on Saturday & dumped it on Sunday. Not a patch on Opera. Doesn't render a lot of M$ pages correctly, slower than Opera, no features, twice the d/l size as Opera. MYIE2 is better.

commented: CHANNEL......GOHST saaw 4life (Sqad automatic assualt weapon) +15

(hugs firefox)

hi crunchie.i have never used opera so i wouldnt know all i can say is its twice as fast as internet explorer.for me enyway.i love it and wouldnt change to opera or enything else...........

hi crunchie.i have never used opera so i wouldnt know all i can say is its twice as fast as internet explorer.for me enyway.i love it and wouldnt change to opera or enything else...........

Cool. Whatever blows our hair back, hey?

you got it brother

Tried some graphics not showing correctly ,You could see right through some dropdown dialogs and see the text under.can't commit to a browser worse than the one I use now .

hi caperjack.wich is ???

IE 6 SP1 and I rarely have a problem with it ,it has had to shutdown a couple of times over the past 6 mnts.Same for all 3 users on this computer ,running winxp pro sp1

hi caperjack its funny but not ontill i did the reg tweak to speedup internet conection have i been able to use ie 6.but now i can. even when i was on cable it was slow. but now i can surf with it..i still use mozilla firefox as my home page though.....

Bah. I use Phoenix 0.5.

Wait....wow, they really need name stabilisation...first Phoenix. Then Firebird. Then Firefox?

well i just tried firefox 0.8 and i have to agree with caperjack on this even the google ad at the top of this page isnt showing and the bars are drop down bars are too transparent and i didnt notice any speed difference!!!!!!!!11

sorry to here that drummerboy

The only speed difference i noticed was that it shows part of the page and then slowly loads the rest ,graphics and such,and finally loads the complete page ,about as fast as my IE6 SP1

thats ok cleariceo1 each to thier own and all that ;-)
my IE definetly loaded a bit quicker but i have a tweak opr two

hey drummerboy.i think the name thing had something to do with someone else had the name firebird so they changed theres to firefox wich is the better name enyway.after tweaking xp i can now use internet explorer 6 not that i do much but i can if i want to. it wouldnt open for about a minute or two and sometimes longer before the tweak.now it opens in about 10 to 15 seconds.cool.i dont know which is faster firefox or i.e.6.its all good.thanks to crunchies tweak.ya baby

are you on a dial-up connection clearice01??
because even 10-15 secs seems along time

hi drummerboy.yes iam on dialup.and 10 to 15 seconds is when iam downloading or doing other tasks but when nothing is downloading it pops up in about 2 to 5 seconds.........

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.