Hi everyone, can someone PLEASE PLEASE help me? I am going round in circles and there is no way out. I cannot access secure sites, like banking, etc. I have tried the usual things like parental controls and resetting my .dlls and security settings and also a few other things, basically, I have been told by my internet provider that my Internet Explorer is corrupt, which I believe it to be. I have tried re-installing IE 6 and get this message "A previous installation has pending work requiring a reboot. You need to restart your computer to complete that installation before running internet explorer setup. Setup will now close."
I have tried running IE.inf file install and am told that IE file is missing and to insert windows xp cd, which i don not have, AAARRGGGHHH, would really love some help!
Thank-you so much!
Rebecca:sad:

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Hi everyone, can someone PLEASE PLEASE help me? I am going round in circles and there is no way out. I cannot access secure sites, like banking, etc. I have tried the usual things like parental controls and resetting my .dlls and security settings and also a few other things, basically, I have been told by my internet provider that my Internet Explorer is corrupt, which I believe it to be. I have tried re-installing IE 6 and get this message "A previous installation has pending work requiring a reboot. You need to restart your computer to complete that installation before running internet explorer setup. Setup will now close."
I have tried running IE.inf file install and am told that IE file is missing and to insert windows xp cd, which i don not have, AAARRGGGHHH, would really love some help!
Thank-you so much!
Rebecca:sad:

Download mozilla firefox for a start and stop using IE your asking for trouble.:twisted:

Also you could try a system restore back to before this problem started.

If that doesn't help totally remove IE scan for viruses and spyware then try reinstalling.

Some sites will only run on IE so you will need it which is a bit shit!:sad:

Ok, thanks, am running adware, spyware, virus checker at minute, maybe bring something up. Managed to delete the pending registry key which was causing the previous message of "pendig installation".
Is there any way i can un-install ie and then re-install it? i have the install shortcut on my desktop

Ok, thanks, am running adware, spyware, virus checker at minute, maybe bring something up. Managed to delete the pending registry key which was causing the previous message of "pendig installation".
Is there any way i can un-install ie and then re-install it? i have the install shortcut on my desktop

Go to ADD/REMOVE Progams - then ADD/REMOVE Windows Components on the left you can remove it there. Then try reinstalling. Make sure you get firefox too & use it all the time unless you have to use IE. :cool:

Go to ADD/REMOVE Progams - then ADD/REMOVE Windows Components on the left you can remove it there. Then try reinstalling. Make sure you get firefox too & use it all the time unless you have to use IE. :cool:

Holy crap, have just ran a spyware check and have detected a heap of things, would that be causing all my probs? am away to try and get rid it!
f****** spyware!!!!!!!!!!!!

only thing is, no adware needs you to register before it can get rid of stuff, which means paying, is there any FREE progs that can get rid of this crap? am running spyware dr too and am assuming that needs money too?

only thing is, no adware needs you to register before it can get rid of stuff, which means paying, is there any FREE progs that can get rid of this crap? am running spyware dr too and am assuming that needs money too?

Windows Defender........ excellent spyware removals microsoft made. Not like the crap firewall and virus protection. No, this actually works. And it's free! :mrgreen:

Also google AVG free for a good virus scanner.

Right am in process of installing windows defender, i hope it turns up something then at least I will know what is causing all my probs

Alrighty let us know what happens...

Also

Download mozilla firefox for a start and stop using IE your asking for trouble.

www.mozilla.com

Download ADAWARE SE personal from lavasoft, its free & download SPYBOT free too, no registartion. They both are highly rated. GET RID OF NOADWARE IMEDIATELY it will give you more spyware and tell you that you have problems that you haven't to get you to register.:p

Also download AVAST AV if you haven't got a decent AV eg:Norton or Macafee, its also free for non-commercial use. It is also very highly rated.

Windows defender is also good & offers real-time protection.

With all of the above mentioned your machine will run better than ever!!!

*concurs* ^

*concurs* ^

ran a HJT scan

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 12:44:16, on 07/14/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLAcsd.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Cheetah Burner\Cheetah CD Burner\NMSAccess.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\sdhelp.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ulead Systems\DVD\ULCDRSvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\vsnpstd.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLDial.exe
C:\Program Files\VoyagerTest\fts.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\BT Voyager 105 ADSL Modem\dslstat.exe
C:\Program Files\BT Voyager 105 ADSL Modem\dslagent.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\McAfee Shared Components\Guardian\CMGrdian.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\caissdt.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust PestPatrol Anti-Spyware\PPActiveDetection.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\SIMPLE~1\PHOTOS~1\data\Xtras\mssysmgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\McAfee Shared Components\Instant Updater\RuLaunch.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1152789444\ee\AOLHostManager.exe
C:\Program Files\AOL 9.0b\aoltray.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1152789444\ee\AOLServiceHost.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\Media Card Companion\MCC Monitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Tmas\Tmas.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
c:\program files\common files\aol\1152789444\ee\services\antiSpywareApp\ver2_0_12\AOLSP Scheduler.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1152789444\ee\AOLServiceHost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashSimpl.exe
C:\Program Files\AOL 9.0b\waol.exe
C:\Program Files\AOL Companion\companion.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\swdoctor.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\ewido.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\aoltpspd.exe
C:\Program Files\Hijackthis\HijackThis.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = \blank.htm
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: PCTools Site Guard - {5C8B2A36-3DB1-42A4-A3CB-D426709BBFEB} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\tools\iesdsg.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O2 - BHO: PCTools Browser Monitor - {B56A7D7D-6927-48C8-A975-17DF180C71AC} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\tools\iesdpb.dll
O2 - BHO: CNavExtBho Class - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [REGSHAVE] C:\Program Files\REGSHAVE\REGSHAVE.EXE /AUTORUN
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [snpstd] C:\WINDOWS\vsnpstd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AOLDialer] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLDial.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [%FP%Friendly fts.exe] "C:\Program Files\VoyagerTest\fts.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccRegVfy] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccRegVfy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Photo Downloader] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Component Manager] "C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DSLSTATEXE] C:\Program Files\BT Voyager 105 ADSL Modem\dslstat.exe icon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DSLAGENTEXE] C:\Program Files\BT Voyager 105 ADSL Modem\dslagent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [McAfee Guardian] "C:\Program Files\McAfee\McAfee Shared Components\Guardian\CMGrdian.exe" /SU
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HostManager] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1152789444\ee\AOLHostManager.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CaISSDT] "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\caissdt.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [eTrustPPAP] "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust PestPatrol Anti-Spyware\PPActiveDetection.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!ewido] "C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\ewido.exe" /minimized
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PhotoShow Deluxe Media Manager] C:\PROGRA~1\SIMPLE~1\PHOTOS~1\data\Xtras\mssysmgr.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ccleaner] "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\ccleaner.exe" /AUTO
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [McAfee.InstantUpdate.Monitor] "C:\Program Files\McAfee\McAfee Shared Components\Instant Updater\RuLaunch.exe" /STARTMONITOR
O4 - Startup: Adobe Gamma.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: AOL 9.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\AOL 9.0b\aoltray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: AOL Broadband Check-Up.lnk = C:\Program Files\AOL\Broadband CheckUp\bin\matcli.exe
O4 - Global Startup: AOL Companion.lnk = C:\Program Files\AOL Companion\companion.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\Media Card Companion\MCC Monitor.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Trend Micro Anti-Spyware.lnk = C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Tmas\Tmas.exe
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present
O8 - Extra context menu item: &AOL Toolbar search - res://C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll/SEARCH.HTML
O8 - Extra context menu item: &eBay Search - res://C:\Program Files\eBay\eBay Toolbar2\eBayTb.dll/RCSearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Translate English Word - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmwordtrans.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate Page into English - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmtrans.html
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\npjpi150_06.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\npjpi150_06.dll
O9 - Extra button: Spyware Doctor - {2D663D1A-8670-49D9-A1A5-4C56B4E14E84} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\tools\iesdpb.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://www.bankofscotlandhalifax.co.uk
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.passport.com
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.passport.net
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.windowsonecare.com
O16 - DPF: {11260943-421B-11D0-8EAC-0000C07D88CF} (iPIX ActiveX Control) - http://www.ipix.com/viewers/ipixx.cab
O16 - DPF: {4A3CF76B-EC7A-405D-A67D-8DC6B52AB35B} - http://aolcc.aolsvc.aol.co.uk/computercheckup/qdiagcc.cab
O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} - http://download.av.aolsvc.co.uk/molbin/shared/mcinsctl/en-us/4,0,0,84/mcinsctl.cab
O16 - DPF: {56336BCB-3D8A-11D6-A00B-0050DA18DE71} - http://software-dl.real.com/157b0b2e567ef5059219/netzip/RdxIE601.cab
O16 - DPF: {BCC0FF27-31D9-4614-A68E-C18E1ADA4389} - http://download.av.aolsvc.co.uk/molbin/shared/mcgdmgr/en-us/1,0,0,21/mcgdmgr.cab
O16 - DPF: {EB387D2F-E27B-4D36-979E-847D1036C65D} (QDiagHUpdateObj Class) - http://h30043.www3.hp.com/aio/en/check/qdiagh.cab?322
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{6BF60065-27C3-4CA8-97E1-49F5C339622E}: NameServer = 205.188.146.145
O18 - Protocol: livecall - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O18 - Protocol: ms-help - {314111C7-A502-11D2-BBCA-00C04F8EC294} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Help\hxds.dll
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O18 - Filter hijack: text/xml - {807563E5-5146-11D5-A672-00B0D022E945} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE12\MSOXMLMF.DLL
O20 - Winlogon Notify: LMIinit - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\LMIinit.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: winjvd32 - winjvd32.dll (file missing)
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLAcsd.exe
O23 - Service: AOL Spyware Protection Service (AOLService) - Unknown owner - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\\aolserv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe" /service (file missing)
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe" /service (file missing)
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation Service (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: DynDNS Updater Service (DynDNS_Updater_Service) - Kana Solution - C:\Program Files\DynDNS Updater\DynDNS.exe
O23 - Service: ewido anti-spyware 4.0 guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Firewall - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\McAfee\McAfee Firewall\CPD.EXE" /SERVICE (file missing)
O23 - Service: NMSAccess - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Cheetah Burner\Cheetah CD Burner\NMSAccess.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\System32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: PC Tools Spyware Doctor (SDhelper) - PC Tools Research Pty Ltd - C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\sdhelp.exe
O23 - Service: SmartLinkService (SLService) - - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\slserv.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Ulead Burning Helper (UleadBurningHelper) - Ulead Systems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ulead Systems\DVD\ULCDRSvr.exe

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.