I have a Gateway 600YGR, and it always shuts itself down anytime I try to install any software (from CD or web), or run a program from cd drive. I used to (last week) be able to use the computer (browse net, solitare, and use previously installed programs) for several hours at a time, but since this morning it will only stay powered up for about 10 minutes (MAX). I have virus protection (Norton Anti-Virus Corp. Edition) and am running Windows XP Pro. I'll go ahead and list all of the ino that I know about the computer (had it for about 4 months- mother-in-law bought it used).
OS: Microsoft Windows XP Pro Version 2002 (Service Pack 1)
Intel Pentium 4 Mobile CPU 1.90GHz
512 MB Ram 60G HD CD R/RW/DVD Rom Drive 3.5"Floppy.
Need to know anything else, ask.
Thanks, Ron

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

does this happing when its plugged in ,or running on battery or both !!

does this happing when its plugged in ,or running on battery or both !!

When plugged in. I haven't been able to run it on battery because my battery does not hold a charge.

When plugged in. I haven't been able to run it on battery because my battery does not hold a charge.

Has it always had nortons on it or did you just reciently install that ,i've seen norton do this to my brother-inlaws laptop ,worked fine after we removed norton 2005.

also it sound like a heat problem ,has it been taken apart and cleaned around the CPU heat sinc and fan lately

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.