Hi, I am trying to help a friend fix his computer. He didnt activate his copy of xp in the 30 days after installation, and as promised, xp will not let us start windows without activating. The problem is, when we click the option to enter an activation code, it doesnt bring us a screen to enter a code, it just takes us back to the beginning. Anyone ever heard of this or know how to fix it?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Have you called the number to activate over the phone? They would probably be your best bet for help with this.

No i have not called the number, when i click to activate by phone it also takes me back to the beginning. i was looking for a way to make the register online option work.

1) Are you completely sure it's a vaild copy?

2) I would try a complete reformat, and then activeate after the reformat.

Hi, I am trying to help a friend fix his computer. He didnt activate his copy of xp in the 30 days after installation, and as promised, xp will not let us start windows without activating. The problem is, when we click the option to enter an activation code, it doesnt bring us a screen to enter a code, it just takes us back to the beginning. Anyone ever heard of this or know how to fix it?

Screw it, reinstall windows by booting up with cd.And worry about activation for an extra month.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.