Hey everyone,

I'm tryiing to install gpmc on our server (see specs in profile). When I click the msi file it says I have to install .Net Framework before I can install gpmc. So I went to add/remove windows components and installed 2.0. After trying to install gpmc again, i recieved the same error message. Anyone know what's going on?

I am having the same issue on an XP box and have loaded .Net Framework 2.0 and even tried 3.0 and still get the error when installing GPMC that .Net framework is not loaded.

Hey everyone,

I'm tryiing to install gpmc on our server (see specs in profile). When I click the msi file it says I have to install .Net Framework before I can install gpmc. So I went to add/remove windows components and installed 2.0. After trying to install gpmc again, i recieved the same error message. Anyone know what's going on?

I am having the same issue on an XP box and have loaded .Net Framework 2.0 and even tried 3.0 and still get the error when installing GPMC that .Net framework is not loaded.

Try searching the microsoft site for .NET 1.1 and install it. My GPMC worked fine after I installed that.

It's an annoying bug of the GPMC.

It will install on x64 Servers without .NET 1.1. You could try it on your XP machine. I know there isn't a GPMC.MSI for x64 Vista yet.

You've probably got .NET2.0 installed or even 3.x, which is good enough to run the GPMC.

What you have to do is remove the dependancy for >NET from the MSI. You can do this with ORCA.

For instructions and to download ORCA and even a pre-modified
GPMC.MSI if you're feeling lazy - http://www.juggled.co.uk/latest/archive2.html

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.