I know there have been previous posts about how when running Ventrilo and WoW at the same time you get random restarts. I tryed to read through them to find a solution but I kept running into these abreviations / words that I had no idea what they mean.

In no way am I considered to be a techincal person, I have no idea how to check my sound card, video card, any card. The fact that I don't know any of this stuff makes it very difficult to get problems fixed but if anyone, and I mean anyone no matter what you can offer me, that can help me fix this problem would be GREATLY appreciated.

I can run WoW by itself, I can run Ventrilo by itself, but as soon as it comes to running Vent + WoW at the same time for raids, I get random restarts within... like 10 minutes of gameplay. Because of this I've been unable to get into any good guilds because of the required vent for raiding.

Help... please : (.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I really think the restarts are because your computer is getting too hot inside.

First off, can you double check that all your fans are working.

Secondly, open the case, have a fan blowing air into your computer, and try again.

What happens?

K I'll try after school tomorrow. You want me to run the fan outside of the opened up tower? Just curious is this some method of cleaning or so that it doens't over heat like you said? I sadly can't do right now because my mom's home and she'd freak out if she saw me taking the computer apart. Thanks alot for your help :).

Edit: I think I have two fans if I remember correctly.

Just curious is this some method of cleaning or so that it doens't over heat like you said?

It's simply to see if heat is the problem for it all.

I sadly can't do right now because my mom's home and she'd freak out if she saw me taking the computer apart

Hehe I know what ya mean. :)

K so I tried blowing the fan directly into the open tower and it still restarted. The two fans are working and I don't think I'd be able to tell if they stopped working when the comp restarts because theres no delay as to when the screen goes black and when the computer starts to reboot. Does this mean it's not overheating?

My computer is doing the same thing except it is not always the restarts or bluescreens that you say are occuring. My computer will have WoW errors or have normal internet explorer homepage crash while vent is open. I tried reinstalling ventrillo, I did the Wow repair, and checked the system requirements for vent. My computer was recently reformated and i have all the new drivers as well. So in other words im stumped

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.