My pc keeps restarting, it's been doing this for a while, i've recently (today) had a new power output put in (400w) as the last one blew, though its been restarting for a long while now.

The specs are as follows

ASrock motherboard
2.4ghz intel celeron proccessor
512mb Ram (2 sticks of 256mb i think)
dvd re writer
dvd writer
nvidia 6200 256ddr
400watt power supply
floppy drive
cooler master case
windows xp home

i uploaded the dump file created during the last restart

All help appreciated!

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

can you get into safe mode ,if so when you get in ,right click mycomputer/properties/advanced/ open the settings on the recovery section on the bottom and uncheck restart on errors or how ever its written ,and this should get you a bsod errror instead of restarting ,not the stop error # in the error report and post it back here ,that is if you can get into safe mode ,hit f8 on reboot to get to safe mode

Ok, i've done that, just not in safe mode, i know i can get into safe mode though, will it make that much of a difference?

What do i do next?

Can no one read my dump file?

ok, i came back to my PC to find a BSOD screen

Stop:0x00000024
(0x001902FE,0XBAEE54C,0XBAEEF248,0XF846ED2D)

NTFS.SYS
ADDRESS
F846ED7D 6YEATF844A000

DATE STAMP 41107EEA

i thinks thats pretty much exact

ok, i came back to my PC to find a BSOD screen

Stop:0x00000024
(0x001902FE,0XBAEE54C,0XBAEEF248,0XF846ED2D)

NTFS.SYS
ADDRESS
F846ED7D 6YEATF844A000

DATE STAMP 41107EEA

i thinks thats pretty much exact

Thats what is needed to find solution ,search of the stop:0x00000024 i find this .
http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=228888&sd=RMVP

sorry, bit slow, so what exactly should i do? I've set up Chkdsk to run on my next boot up, does the dump file not reveal anything?

not sure about the dump file ,but the check disk on reboot is not enough the site above is talking about usin the winxp recovery ,you need to boot computer with you wixxp cd and do hit R for repair and then type in
chkdsk /r ,at the prompt when you get there .note there is a space between the k and the R.

using the xp recovery .
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314058

Ok i will do that, i let it run chkdsk on startup anyway and it took a LONG while, but the day after i switched on the pc and before even logging on i was met with a IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error, now i've also received this error in the past during normal usage, what does it mean, is it connected and how can i solve it also?

Much appreciated!

Ok i will do that, i let it run chkdsk on startup anyway and it took a LONG while, but the day after i switched on the pc and before even logging on i was met with a IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error, now i've also received this error in the past during normal usage, what does it mean, is it connected and how can i solve it also?

Much appreciated!

some info here on the irql error.
http://www.tweaksforgeeks.com/IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.html

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.