Hi all...

I have a problem here... I have 2 Compaq PentiumIII (model ia P450).

I have image CD's created using norton Ghost and I am supposed to format the computer using those images. The problem is after I finished running the images I restart the computer and it starts rebooting. Then it reaches a black window saying (starting windows) then it freezez there.

I tried then to do a normal format, I installed windows XP and the same thing happened. The same thing with windows 2000 but when I formatted again and installed windows 98 it run normally.

So I believe the problem wasn't with the image CD but with the computer accepting windows XP and I don't know what the reason is. Can anyone help me with this??

One more thing... Is there a way of knowing the contents of the image CD that is created with Norton Gohst??

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

While you install your XP make sure there are no peripherals connected to the machine. This problem sounds like a hardware compatibility issue.

One more thing... Is there a way of knowing the contents of the image CD that is created with Norton Gohst??

The Norton Ghost program has a Ghost Explorer feature which you can use to restor only secific files from the backup.

No!!! I got the minimum hardware connected. Mouse - Keyboard and screen. even no extra cards installed.

And thanks for the second question.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.