Is there a way to make It so the safely remove hardware icon won't appear on the taskbar??? I'm tired of looking at it :!:

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi

I spent a while going through gpedit.msc (Windows XP Pro users only, run from start menu). Under >> User configuration > Administrative Templates - you will find 1001 lovely ways to fully customise your XP Desktop, good fun.

This one can be done easier, (I got bored and googled), right-click the taskbar, and select properties. Select "Customise" in the bottom right corner, in the "Notification Area" box, and find "Safely Remove Hardware", the drop down box to the right gives you a "Always Hide" option. OK, Apply, OK.

Regards, David.

Hi

I spent a while going through gpedit.msc (Windows XP Pro users only, run from start menu). Under >> User configuration > Administrative Templates - you will find 1001 lovely ways to fully customise your XP Desktop, good fun.

This one can be done easier, (I got bored and googled), right-click the taskbar, and select properties. Select "Customise" in the bottom right corner, in the "Notification Area" box, and find "Safely Remove Hardware", the drop down box to the right gives you a "Always Hide" option. OK, Apply, OK.

Regards, David.

I didn't want to hide It I wanted to remove It but anyway I downloaded icon remover which doen't just hide It, It takes It out of the system tray and holds It somewhere else I'm sattisified. Thnx for the help though!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.