I have a dell xps laptop and everytime i try to play a game online after about 15 mins or so i get the blue screen of death. Is there anyway i can fix this??

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

With a baseball bat?

It sounds like a memory error...either RAM or the video card.

I hope your Dell isn't rivited shut like the one my boss just bought.

no my laptop is screwed shut. would it be easier if i took it to a computer shop and see if they can fix it?

no my laptop is screwed shut. would it be easier if i took it to a computer shop and see if they can fix it?

definitely.

laptops are funny creatures.

Heh I can't lie...

What you might consider is that it's overheating. Make sure the vents are getting enough air.

Most Dells come with a utility you can launch when the PC boots. Restart your PC and see if you see something about a diagnostics utility or something to that effect. If not try popping in the Dell cd that came with your pc and reboot again....

When you run it run all the scans and write down the error codes the scan gives you. Then you can call Dell and give them the error codes and they'll tell you exactly what the problem is and the best way to go about fixing it. If no error codes then...

What you might consider is that it's overheating. Make sure the vents are getting enough air.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.