here's my setup(i wish) 2 core 2 duo extreme at 2.66GHz overclocked. 8GB fully buffered ram. 2 nvidia geforce 8800 gtx with 768MB ram sli enabled. 4 750GB HDD on RAID 1.
my score: 6.8
let's see if you can beat that.

How do you find out what your Vista experience score is?

you just go to my computer

My rating is 2.5 My lowest subscore is the graphics. Can I get it higher without actually purchasing anythig.

Make sure you're using the latest video card drivers.

here's my setup(i wish) 2 core 2 duo extreme at 2.66GHz overclocked. 8GB fully buffered ram. 2 nvidia geforce 8800 gtx with 768MB ram sli enabled. 4 750GB HDD on RAID 1.
my score: 6.8
let's see if you can beat that.

Wait a second, it only goes up to 5.9.

no, actually it's like an RPG, you can level up forever. But this is my fantasy computer.
Here's my other fantasy computer:

nforce sli motherboard. 4 sli nvidia geforce 8800gtx ko, superclocked to 1.6ghz, 4GB video ram, 8TB HDD on raid 1, 4 core 2 duo quad extreme overclocked to 3.00GHz each. that's 16 cores. 32GB fully buffered ram, 8 apple 30" dysplays. am i forgetting somehting? yes 4 sata dvd-+rw, hd-dvd burner, bluray burner at 200x, running windows vista ultimate 64-bit bill gates signature edition. that should give me a score of 15.9

mine is 5.9!! see for ur self!!!

what specs?

I placed a snip of my specs. Normal Specs, but high score. Don't know how it happened!!!!!

soon, specs like that will be coming out in no time!!! Technology, as we all know it, can change faster than night and day!!! (I'm talking about the dude with the dream pc with 32gb ram, 8tb hdd, 4gb videp ram, etc...

Vista is broken. Installed it on my server and my cpu got 3.2. it has a quad core xeon at 2.93 ghz per core, 8mb L2 cache and 1066mhz FSB

How the hell is that 3.2?????????

I got 3.0, cause is gaming graphics...

Mine's a 4.8 due to memory write speed. Works good enough for me though ;)

stupid 3.2 vista is broken

i installed vista onto a dual pentium 3 system (whatever the top ones were, the server-class ones that were 1.2ish ghz+ and had loads of cache for the time) and it got a 3?

So how does my quad core xeon get a 3.2!!!!!!!

Cause you suck bennet :P Everyone knows my comp is the best mate :D
Even though i have a Vista score of 0 because i don't run the software!

uh no my pcs own all your pcs

my spec is 4.3

What is an experience score (don't have Vista)? Is it like a performance rating?

Yeah. Vista spends like five minutes assessing your hardware, then gives you an insulting score. Don't take it seriously (nobody does)

Yeah. Vista spends like five minutes assessing your hardware, then gives you an insulting score. Don't take it seriously (nobody does)

I take it VERY seriously...

but then again... I got a 5.9... YEAH BABY!

hehe

CoolGamer: the vista experience score is yes, basically, a performance rating.

and it lies worse than a kid with red paint on his hands.

Base score: 5.5

Processor: 5.5
RAM: 5.9
Graphics w/ Aero: 5.9
Gaming Graphics: 5.6
HDD transfer: 5.5

Specs in sig!

I think I got 1 on my laptop. yeah, it's pretty sad.

lol @ TheNNS

rcs8-post the "detailed" image of your current specs, like i did (just in case). Also, i got 5.9, which was weird, but cool. i don't take it very seriously.

Base score: 5.5

Processor: 5.5
RAM: 5.9
Graphics w/ Aero: 5.9
Gaming Graphics: 5.6
HDD transfer: 5.5

Specs in sig!

How does that graphics card *only* get a 5.6/5.9?

How does that graphics card *only* get a 5.6/5.9?

Not sure, should it be higher? It was only like $100 after a rebate, it isn't the best, but it isn't mainstream. Handles Company of Heroes, Half Life 2, and Unreal Tournament 2004 just fine. I am sure I could get the 5.6 up a little with some OCing, but I am happy with what it does... better than my old 6600LE which got like a 3.

Depends on the drivers

My 512mb X1650 pro got 6.2 but my x1950 256mb got 5.3 what the hells up with that

how'd you get 6.2, i thought wei scores ranged from 1.0 to 5.9

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.