i meant 5.2

My score is 4.5 at the moment, memory is holding me back (only 1gb oem) and after that it will be 4,9 due to my cpu...

Will keep you updated after I build in my order of OCZ 4Gb Reaper HPC and the AM2+ Phenom 9600 CPU

dredging up an old thread...

built a comp for a friend today, got a 5.9 on all categories except for RAM speed (only a 5.6). Frustrating to say the least...

I ordered a new PC and it should be here this friday.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+ Black Edition
4GB DDR2 PC26400 800MHZ
ATi Radeon 8350 512mb 256bit 720MHZ Turbo clocked
Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit
160gig hard drive

What kindof score should I get?

these numbers are silly

uh no my pcs own all your pcs

*COUGH* *COUGH*

What are your specs?

the pc im currently on

Pentium 4 extreme editon overclocked to ~4.2ghz
4gb corsair gaming DDR2 ram (667mhz)
geforce 880gtx 1gb
2x 10,000 rpm sata 2 disk (500gb)

Ok.

Your CPU is better than mine.
I beat you in RAM, yours is 667 mine is 800
While your video RAM beats mine, your core clock speed of your video card is still 145mhz slower than mine. And the memory clock falls 930mhz short of my 8350, Nvidia sucks.
And who really needs 1000gbs? lol

I ordered a new PC and it should be here this friday.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+ Black Edition
4GB DDR2 PC26400 800MHZ
ATi Radeon 8350 512mb 256bit 720MHZ Turbo clocked
Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit
160gig hard drive

What kindof score should I get?

probably a 5.2-5.9 depending on your luck

Nvidia sucks.

I need 1gb for CAD

and out of my other 2 pcs, my nvidia geforce 7600GS kicks the ass of my radeon x1650pro - even although the radeon has better specs

Getting 5.2 based purely on the Hard drive which is a 500gb Maxtor on SATA, other wise the machine gets a lovely 5.9 but the machine is as follows:
1 x AMD Phenom 9500, 4Gb Corsair 1066mhz RAM, NVidia 8800GTS 640Mb card, Vista Business 64 Bit!, Asus M3A32 MVP Deluxe Motherboard, 2 x 500Gb Maxtor SATA HDD (Vista Busines 32 on one drive/ 64 on the other) all feeding a HP LP3065 30" TFT 2560 x 1600.

Machine really does run like a dream (quite a warm dream at times) and I cannot grumble, one strange thing though - the processor dropped from 5.9 under Vista Business 32 bit to 5.8 under Vista Business 64 bit.

does anyone know how to get a 5.9 for the hard drive score

does anyone know how to get a 5.9 for the hard drive score

I believe it's measured on both speed and capacity mate.

Dazza :cool:

I need 1gb for CAD

In that case, you have the wrong GPU. I believe the Quadro would be a better choice for CAD (hardware is optimized differently, IIRC).

yeah but the quadro was almost double the price

and i like a few games too

what makes the quadro so expensive

what makes the quadro so expensive

Aside from coming with a min of 1GB (at least, it was the lowest I saw on nVidia's site), it has different hardware optimizations that make commercial uses much more efficient. Whether it's really worth paying 2x as much, I'm not sure, as the average consumer really will be fine with a GeForce card. Most games use a certain couple APIs (DirectX and OpenGL) so the hardware really only needs to support those operations quickly; for other applications, the Quadro probably has a much richer instruction set.

yeah the quattro has a different cpu, memory management and bus config

its designed for rendering static images and video editing, not perfrmaing game calculations in real time - and it is optimised as such

Mine is 5.3 on this puter. held back by my Core 2 Duo @ 2.4 mhz. Video card nvidia 8800gts reports a 5.9, OCZ pc-6400 @ 800mhz reports 5.9 also. Seagate STA HD 320mb reports 5.7
My gaming puter reports a 5.9 across the board with a Quad Core Q6600 with 8800gts SLI setup.

2.4mhz!!! how much 'd u pay for it, a penny!!!

Okay smart*** ghz! Better?

commented: ur the smart*** +0

Mine is 3.0 Grandsons is 2.8

I'm rockin' a 5.4!

Oh my god, I always thought it went till 6.5.... geez what are the specs of that PC :icon_eek:

Oh my god, I always thought it went till 6.5.... geez what are the specs of that PC :icon_eek:

normally, it goes up to 5.9, but i was testing a skulltrail-server based mobo (with a tall 40inch case)!! here are the specs:

2 intel extreme quad core cpus oc'd to 5.5ghz (each had its own thermaltake bigwater 760i cooling (Water) system).

windows vista ultimate x64
64gb ddr3 ram @ 2044 mhz(oc'd from 1600mhz)
16X 300gb 15k rpm scsi drives in raid0+1
bluray burner
media cardreader/floppy disk combo
4X nvidia quadro fx (each with 2GB ram) in quad sli
ageia physix card
and things along that line!!

how i got 7.6, i have no idea!! maybe one of the updates allowed it to go up to 9.9

hope that helped

btw, this is not my pc, i was just testing it out.

that pc probably cost about 100k lol

The results are saved in an xml file and are easily edited in Wordpad. Anyone buying a computer should ignore this until they run it themselves.

Path is \Windows\Performance\WinSat\Datastore

<WinSPR>
<SystemScore>5</SystemScore>
<MemoryScore>5.7</MemoryScore>
<CpuScore>5</CpuScore>
<CPUSubAggScore>4.7</CPUSubAggScore>
<VideoEncodeScore>4.9</VideoEncodeScore>
<GraphicsScore>5.9</GraphicsScore>
<GamingScore>5.1</GamingScore>
<DiskScore>5.8</DiskScore>
</WinSPR>

The results are saved in an xml file and are easily edited in Wordpad. Anyone buying a computer should ignore this until they run it themselves.

Path is \Windows\Performance\WinSat\Datastore

<WinSPR>
<SystemScore>5</SystemScore>
<MemoryScore>5.7</MemoryScore>
<CpuScore>5</CpuScore>
<CPUSubAggScore>4.7</CPUSubAggScore>
<VideoEncodeScore>4.9</VideoEncodeScore>
<GraphicsScore>5.9</GraphicsScore>
<GamingScore>5.1</GamingScore>
<DiskScore>5.8</DiskScore>
</WinSPR>

i built this myself, and ran the test my self. and the snip i uploaded onto my post proves that i got the score of 7.6

5.2 on my new pc i built

2.53ghz core 2 duo e7200 at stock clock (5.2)
2gb ddr2-800 (5.9)
HIS radeon hd2600pro iceQ (5.2/5.9)
120gb 7200rpm hard drive (5.3)

my pc that had a 5.9 had some sort of windows experience index code error. After a system recovery, my score was a 4.6

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.