My system clock used to be fine, but nowadays it is losing up to 4 minutes per hour. I freqently synchronize it, but it still seases to work. How can i stop this?

cheers

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

install and new battery on your motherboard .

thanks, can you please explain how this will affect the pcs performance though? Also can you recommend a good battery. cheers

thanks, can you please explain how this will affect the pcs performance though? Also can you recommend a good battery. cheers

Actually rereading you post ,your clock shouldn't loose time when running because it no longer is running from the battery ,does it loose a whole lot of time when computer is shuttdown.
If it is the battery Radio Shack type is fine .

Edit : I just found this tidbit of info .
http://www.itc.virginia.edu/desktop/dci/timeloss.html

Are you using Windows XP with broadband Internet, marceta? If so it is possible to alter settings so that Windows synchronises with an online atomic clock at frequent intervals.

@caperjack
thanks, but changing it does nothing, it will always loose time

@catweazle
yes i have a cable connection, how do i do this?

Most of those search results will tell you simply how to manually synchronise the clock. If you wish to have the system automatically synchronise at regular intervals, and don't wish to delve into Registry editing, download and use a utility program such as:

EMSA Time Synchroniser

which will allow you to set the intervals at which you wish the clock to be updated.

Most of those search results will tell you simply how to manually synchronise the clock.

Umm... ???

Many of those links describe how to do what you suggested earlier:

"Are you using Windows XP with broadband Internet, marceta? If so it is possible to alter settings so that Windows synchronises with an online atomic clock at frequent intervals."

strangly enough, the clock is fine, and thanks to everyone that told me how to set it! It is only when i play games, or other high RAM apps that it lags!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.