Okay so I'm no computer wiz, and I don't know what parts are in my computer and how old they are, but just a few months ago my computer was on it's way to hell from all the bugs that were in it. So I started fresh I re-input windows xp and started to fix my computer from there. But then out of the blue when I remembred to plug my speakers in... and there was no sound. This was very strang I tought because the computer had sound on it befor. So my queston is. Did I do something wrong when I was putting windows xp back on it? Or is the sound chip wacked? So if some one can help me out on this one that would be great. Thanks alot,

- Alex

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

You will need to download the sound drivers from either your motherboard manufacturers site (if its onboard) or the company that made the card if its a plug-in model.

Check your audio mixer first. It might have one or more sliders all the way down.

Or you plugged a speaker into a line out.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.